First ten days’ Business Devotionals from the unapologetically patriarchal book by Mike Murdock – 1 Minute Businessman’s Devotional. I’m not a man, but I read it anyway and I am glad I did.
- Identify what you possess that others need. Be a problem solver to your clients.
- Believe in your own product. Your attitude is always sensed.
- Never misrepresent your product. Liars are eventually exposed.
- Go where the people are. Success always involves other people.
- Take time to rest. A tired mind rarely makes good decisions.
- Invest time in a plan. Champions plan to win, and the secret of your future success is hidden in your daily routine.
- Do not be afraid to fail. Rejection is not fatal.
- Build your reputation as a problem-solver. Somebody needs something you possess.
- Money is what you get when you help someone else achieve their goal. Recognise money’s true value.
- Be willing to go somewhere you have never been before. Geography can make a difference.
This is a faith-based book, but if you aren’t one for faith in business, it makes great sense anyway. Searching for Mike Murdock uncovers one of the ugliest websites in the world, and a toe-curling video message. Hence no link in this blog. I can’t bring myself to do it. But Murdock has presented to over 14,000 audiences in 38 countries and is regularly invited to speak at churches, colleges, and business institutions around the world. He has also authored over 130 books. In general it’s not my cup of tea, but in isolation the business devotionals book is the tamer of his offerings.